Kiel Cluster of Excellence "The Future Ocean"
24118 Kiel, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0)431 880-3030
Fax: +49 (0)431 880-2539
Kiel University (Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel) is a corporation under public law.
It is represented by the Presidential Board:
- President Prof. Dr. Lutz Kipp
- Vice President Prof. Dr. Ilka Parchmann
- Vice President Prof. Dr. Anja Pistor-Hatam
- Vice President Prof. Dr. Karin Schwarz
- Chancellor (interim) Ulf Holst
Ministry of Science, Business and Transport of Schleswig-Holstein
Düsternbrooker Weg 94, 24105 Kiel
Responsible according to German Press Law:
- The Presidential Board
Content and Graphic Coordination:
- Friederike Balzereit , Tel +49 (0)431 880-3032,
- Mette Lüning, Tel +49 (0)431 880-5476
Concept and Design of the Website:
- Gerrit Hoffschulte (Design and Realization)
- Tom Duscher (Corporate Design)
Technical Support (Webmaster):
- Mette Lüning, Tel +49 (0)431 880-5476,
Notice of Liabilitiy:
1. Online Content
Despite careful control we assume no liabilitiy for currentness, correctness or completeness of the information provided. All offers are non-binding. We reserve the right to change or supplement parts of or the entire offer without prior notice.
2. References and Links
Responsibility for the content of external linked pages lies solely by their operators.
3. Copyright and Tradmark Rights
4. Data Protection
If within the internet offer there is a possibility to enter personal or business data (e-mail addresses, names, addresses), the disclosure of this data by the user takes place expressly on a voluntary basis.
You may use the images, movies and sounds that can be found on this website free for private use. This includes:
- Copying the images onto your computer
- Printing the images for private archival or decoration purposes
- The distribution of the images to friends and family with a notation of their origin
Use in Publications (Print, TV, Radio, Internet …)
When used in publications (also non-commercial such as school magazines, etc.) you may use the media free of charge without asking if
- they illustrate reports in newspapers, magazines, websites, radio or television programs, lectures, essays, etc. on the activities or results of the Cluster of Excellence "The Future Ocean" and
- the authors are named in the form "first and last name/Cluster of Excellence "The Future Ocean" or "first initial and last name/"Future Ocean" (if space is insufficient) for each image. "Cluster of Excellence "The Future Ocean" may only be shortened to "Future Ocean" if the full name is mentioned at least once.
We expect two copies of any such publication to be sent to :
The Cluster of Excellence "The Future Ocean“
Presse- und Öffentlichkeitsarbeit
Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel
Other than that mentioned, use of images is excluded. This concerns in particular but not exclusively
- Advertising, design of advertisements, commercials, etc.
- Sale of products in which the images are the central point (t-shirts, coffee cups, large prints)
- Sale of digital copies of the image data
A change in the metadata (IPTC data) of pictures is not permitted in any case!
If you have questions about the use or need the data in higher resolution or higher quality, please contact Public Outreach.