The Centre for Molecular Biosciences (CMB) provides high-throughput molecular technology for marine biological projects. The CMB was created through interdisciplinary collaboration between three faculties (Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences and the Faculty of Agricultural and Nutrition Sciences).
The available molecular technology focuses on five technological focus points in one institution:
- high-throughput analysis of genetic diversity
- systematic expression profiling
- robot-supported cell-based assays ( e.g., RNAi applications throughout the genome)
- analytical techniques for proteomics and
- sample and data collection representative of the population for the PopGen Biobank
These different technologies form a flexible network that can be rapidly adapted to project requirements. New technologies comprise the development of models of transgenic marine organisms and automated live microscopy with multidimensional image analysis. The deployment of the technologies available at the CMB provides a unique opportunity to link marine biological research and competitive technology on a new level.